Afghani rice is also known as kabuli pulao and it is very famous in Afghan cuisine. This recipe is taught by Rida Aftab in her famous program tarka.
Ingredients Of Afghani Rice
- 1/2 kg rice
- 1/2 kg mutton
- 2 carrots
- 4 cardamom
- 1 cup dry apricot
- 1/2 cup oil
- 100 gm. raisins
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. saffron essence
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp. sugar
Method Of Afghani Rice
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in a pan, add 1/2 kg mutton with fat and fry till its color turn to golden brown.
- Now add 1 glass of water and 1 tsp. salt. Cook over low flame till meat become tender.
- Soak 1/2 kg rice for 20 minutes in water after washing them, cook with 2 tsp. cumin seeds, 1 tsp. salt and water as required till half done.Now drain the rice and keep aside.
- Now in meat mixture add 2 chopped carrots, 100 gm. raisin, 4 green cardamoms, 1 tsp. black pepper, 2 pieces of cinnamon and 1 cup apricot. Cook for another 1 minute.
- Now add boiled rice and 1/2 tsp. saffron essence.
- In another pan cook 2 tbsp. sugar until melts, add 1/2 cup water and mix well. Now pour this mixture on top of rice and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve hot.