Salmon is a source of omega 3 fatty acids, which believed to help prevent heart diseases, high blood pressure and rheumatic conditions. Our bodies cannot manufacture omega 3 which play an essential role in body’s metabolism.
Ingredients Of Alaska Salmon, Spinach And Potato Galette
- 225 gm ready rolled puff pastry
- 350 gm potatoes, diced with skins on
- 15 oz can Alaska red salmon, skinned, boned and broken into chunks
- 100gm frozen spinach, thawed
- 100 gm cherry tomatoes, halved
- Juice of Half lemon
- 150gm natural yogurt
- 1 bunch of chives, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
Method Of Alaska Salmon, Spinach And Potato Galette
- Roll out and trim the pastry to form a long rectangle. Place on a baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, mark the pastry with a 3cm border, like a picture frame, taking care not to cut through the pastry. Prick the pastry inside the border and place in fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Gently simmer the potato pieces in a large pan of boiling water for 5-7 minutes until cooked. Drain well.
- Transfer the pastry to an oven preheated at 200 degrees and bake for 15 minutes until risen and lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl gently combine the salmon chunks, spinach, cherry tomatoes and cooked potatoes. Season with lemon juice and black pepper. Pile the mixture inside the boarder of the cooked pastry and return to oven for 12-15 minutes until piping hot.
- To serve, mix yogurt with some black pepper and drizzle over the hot galette. Scatter with chives and serve at once.