Salmon is a source of omega 3 fatty acids, which believed to help prevent heart diseases, high blood pressure and rheumatic conditions. Our bodies cannot manufacture omega 3 which play an essential role in body’s metabolism.
Ingredients Of Alaska Salmon With Cheddar And Herb Pesto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 orange pepper, sliced
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 350 gm pasta shells
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 200 gm sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
- 15 oz can red Alaska salmon, skinned, boned and cut in chunks
- 25gm toasted pine nuts(optional)
For The Pesto
- 1 large bunch of basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 50ml olive oil
- 50ml warm water
Method Of Alaska Salmon With Cheddar And Herb Pesto
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the leeks and pepper and fry for 3-4 minutes until soften.
- Stir in turmeric and gently fry foe 30 seconds. Add the pasta, bay leaf and stock, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and simmer for 5-7 minutes until pasta is just cooked. Add sugar snap peas 5 minutes before end of cooking then drain.
- Meanwhile, place all the pesto ingredients in a blender and whizz together.
- Just before serving, stir the salmon chunks through the pasta. To serve, ladle into four bowls, scatter with some pine nuts(if using) and drizzle each with some pesto.
- Serve hot.