When we cook fish in banana leaf, it gives a very smoky and different aroma to our fish. This is a Bengali way to cook fish in banana leaf. Marination of this fish is very simple and you can eat it with boiled rice. If the banana leaf is not available then you can also wrap it in aluminum foil. You can also grill this banana leaf fish.
Ingredients Of Banana Leaf Fish
- 1/2 kg fish flay
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1tsp cumin powder
- 2tsp coriander powder
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 green chilies, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh green coriander, chopped
- 4 tbsp crushed coconut
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 banana leaf, cut into pieces
Method Of Banana Leaf Fish
- Mix all the ingredients in a flat dish.
- Marinate the fish in this mixture.After 15 minutes take the banana leaf, place the marinated fish over it and roll the leaf.
- Now place the rolled fish into the oven and bake at 180 deg Centigrade for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Your Banana Leaf Fish is ready