First I am going to warn you all about this banoffee pie. This pie is really highly addictive, I ate it at night and then in breakfast and then I finished it at noon. I know it’s lots of calories so make it at your own risk. The name banoffee comes from bananas and toffee. This pie has layers of biscuits crumbs, toffee sauce, cream, and bananas. This recipe is very simple because you don’t have to cook condensed milk for hours to make toffee. No need to add sugar in whipped cream as toffee sauce is very sweet.
Ingredients Of Banoffee Pie
- 12-15 digestive biscuits
- 100 gm. melted butter
For Toffee Sauce
- 100 gm. butter
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 bananas
- 2 cups cream
- Chocolate sauce for garnishing
Method Of Banoffee Pie
- Crush the biscuits, add melted butter and spread the mixture evenly into the base of a spring form tin (or any other serving dish). Refrigerate the base for 30 minutes.
- Make toffee sauce by heating butter along with brown sugar. Cook on low heat till all the sugar melts. Then add condensed milk and constantly keep stirring for 3 to 5 minutes on medium heat till you get a thick caramel sauce like consistency. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour the toffee sauce over the biscuit base and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a bowl whisk the chilled cream with a cake beater till you get thick whipped cream.
- Peel and slice the bananas.
- Layer the banana slices over the toffee sauce and top with the whipped cream and spread evenly. Again refrigerate for 1 hour or till the dessert is to be served.
- Decorate the pie with chocolate sauce.
- Serve chilled.