For dry lips
If your lips dry out and flake in winter, try one of these tips to remove dead skin cells.
- Apply a small amount of petroleum jelly to your lips and then rub gently with a wet face cloth to remove the dead skin cells. Then apply a lip balm to hold the moisture in.
- Exfoliate your lips with a toothbrush and a little Vaseline. Brush the lips gently to remove dead skin.
- Rubbing on lemon juice will also exfoliate dead skin cells. Apply lip balm afterwards to avoid further chapping.
Did you know that it takes three months for a nail to renew itself from base to tip? Growth can be slowed by illness or diet. For healthy nails, avoid crash diets and eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. If you suffer from brittle nails, keep them moisturized by using hand creams, coconut oil, or almond oil. Wearing polish protects nails from chipping and strengthens them against breaks.
Skin glow with the help of food
The condition of your skin is a reflection of your eating habits. To ensure a healthy glow, follow following guide:
- To keep wrinkles at bay, increase your sulfur intake by eating eggs, garlic, onion, fish and beans. Take extra supplements of vitamin C and eat more citrus fruits, whole nuts, carrots, whole grains and cabbage.
- To avoid chapped lips, eat foods rich in vitamin B, C and zinc such as whole grains, seafood, liver and whole nuts.
- Sallow skin is due to iron deficiency. Eat dark green vegetables along with a vitamin C supplement to facilitate iron absorption.
Facial cleansing in winter
Keep your skin soft, clean and moisturized this winter by following these tips:
- Just before going bed steam your face for 1-2 minutes.
- When your pores are open, splash warm water on your face and neck. Massage skin cleanser onto your face in a circular motion for about 2 minutes. Then rinse with warm water and gently pat your skin dry with soft towel.
- Dampen a piece of cotton with an alcohol free toner and gently wipe your entire face and neck area. This lifts away any residue that you might have missed and also close your pores.
- Lastly, apply a small amount of moisturizer to your face and neck areas in an upward circular motion.