Achari chicken is one of my favorite food to eat with tandoori roti. You can also make fresh tandoori Tawa naan at home with the following no-fail recipe.Try this easy and quick recipe of boneless chicken achari handi. Here is a homemade naan recipe
Ingredients Of Boneless Chicken Achari Handi
- Fenugreek seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds 1 teaspoon
- Onion seeds 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Red chili flakes 2 teaspoons
Crush these spices in food processor for 2 to 3 seconds and make roughly ground powder.
- 1/2 kg boneless chicken cubes
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 7-8 ripe tomatoes, puréed
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup oil or ghee ( clarified butter)
- 7-8 green chili peppers, slit in middle, seeds removed
- Heat oil in a deep pan or Handi (traditional clay pot), add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and half of the spice mix, continue to saute another minute or till the spices are aromatic.
- Add chicken, salt and turmeric, continue to fry till the chicken changes color.
- Add tomato puree.
- Reduce heat, cover the pan. Let chicken cook in tomato juices, no need to add water.
( add a little water if using chicken with bones or lamb).
- Remove lid in 15 minutes, increase heat to medium, cook till the curry separates from the oil. Keep stirring so that it doesn’t burn at the bottom.
- Fill the remaining spice mix in green chilies. Add green chili peppers to the curry, turn off the heat and cover the pan for five minutes or till the green chilies are bit tender with steam inside the pan.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander if desired.
- Serve hot with naan or roti.