Chicken chargha is a whole chicken with skin marinated with spices. It is steamed and then deep fried in hot oil. It Tastes good if served with rice and yogurt dip. One whole chargha can serve up to 4-5 people. You can make tandoori masala at home or you can also use shan tandoori masala for this recipe. I served chargha with spinach rice or palak rice. Here is a link for rice recipe.
Ingredients Of Chicken Chargha
- Chicken 1 kg (whole), I used with skin
- Curd ½ cup
- Prepared tandoori masala 3 tbsp.
- Salt 1 Tsp.
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp.
- Vinegar 2 tbsp.
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp.
- Oil ¼ cup
For Tandoori Masala:
- Salt 1 tbsp.
- All spice powder 1 tbsp.
- Chili powder 3 tbsp.
- Orange red color ½ tsp.
- Coriander seeds 3/tbsp. (roasted and ground)
- Fennels seeds 2 tbsp. (roasted and ground)
- White cumin whole 3 tbsp. (roasted and ground)
Method Of Chicken Chargha
- For Tandoori Masala: Mix all together and grind finely.
- Fill bottle and use accordingly.
- For Chargha: Give cuts on whole chicken very well.
- In a bowl add curd, prepared tandoori masala, salt, lemon juice, vinegar, ginger garlic paste, and oil.
- Mix all well and marinate chicken for 2 hours.
- Put in a pan and cook on low flame till chicken is done. Now heat oil in a wok and deep fry chicken on high flame till it is golden brown in color from both sides.