A quesadilla is a Mexican food made primarily of cheese inside a folded corn or wheat tortilla and cooked until the cheese melts. Most quesadillas are prepared just folding and filling a common corn tortilla, but there are also others in which the tortilla is specially made for filling.
Ingredients Of Chicken Quesadillas
- 30 gm. butter
- 75 gm. sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 200 gm. chopped cooked chicken (with spices)
- 60 gm. stilton cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp. oil
For Tomato Salsa
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium red chili, seeded, chopped
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Method Of Chicken Quesadillas With Tomato Salsa
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the sliced mushrooms and onion and cook, stirring until the vegetables have softened.
- Place one tortilla on a flat surface, cover with half of the chicken, half of the mushroom and onion mixture, and half of the cheese and coriander leaves. Top with another tortilla and press gently but firmly to sandwich together.
- Heat little oil in a pan, add the tortilla and cook until browned underneath. Carefully flip the tortilla onto a plate, then slide it back into the pan to brown the other side.
- Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Turn the cooked quesadillas out onto a board and carefully cut them into thin wedges, using a very sharp knife.
- Serve hot with tomato salsa.
For Tomato Salsa
- Combine the onion, tomatoes, spring onion, garlic, chili and lime juice in a small bowl. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate.