You can also make these chicken shami kebabs with beef. The recipe will be same but beef will take more time to get tender as compared to chicken. You can freeze these kebabs for 1-2 months.
Ingredients Of Chicken Shami Kebabs
- 1 kg chicken, large pieces or you can also take boneless
- 1 cup chick pea lentil (channa daal), washed and soaked
- 1 whole garlic
- 2 onions whole, remove the skin
- Piece of ginger, peeled
- Salt to taste
- 9-10 dry red chilies
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 4 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch green coriander, finely chopped
- Hot spices powder to taste
- Oil for frying
Method Of Chicken Shami Kebabs
- In a pot put chicken, channa dal, onion, garlic, ginger, whole red chilies. Add water and cook till channa dal and chicken get tender and all water dries up. The mixture must be completely dry.
- Let it cool down. Now take out ginger and garlic piece. Grind it in the food processor.
- Now add salt, hot spices powder, black pepper, chopped coriander and green chilies in it. Mix it well with your hands. Make the shape of kebabs.
- Freeze them and use them whenever you want. Heat an oil in the pan and shallow fry it.