I tried this recipe of mutton yakhni pulao and it was so yummy but instead of chicken I tried it with mutton and I also add little yellow food color in end to give it an attractive look. I hope that you all will try it and do give the comments on picture I took.
Ingredients Of Yakhni Pulao
- 1/2 kg chicken or mutton
- 1/2 kg rice, washed and soaked
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds (sonif)
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp garlic and ginger paste
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- Whole all spices as required (big and small cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon stick, whole black pepper, cumin seeds)
- 4 green chilies, cut each in 2 pieces
Recipe Of Chicken Yakhni Pulao
- In a muslin cloth tie the coriander and fennel seeds together to make a spice bag.
- Heat ghee in a pot and add that spice bag in it. Add garlic ginger paste and mix it. Now add onion and cook it for 1 minute. Onion should be in light brown color.
- Add whole spices in it and after few seconds add mutton and fry it well while stirring it.
- Now add tomatoes, green chilies, red chili flakes and salt in it. Add water according to your rice. Cook, it covered for 5-10 minutes or till mutton is tender. Take the spice bag out and discard it.
- Now add drained rice in it and mix it and cook it till the rice are 3/4 cooked and water is dried. Now put a lid on it and put it on dum for 10-15 minutes on very low flame.
- Serve it with salad and raita. It is a full meal by itself.
Note: You can take any meat instead of chicken. You can also use oil instead of ghee.