I love chickpeas in everything whether its rice, gravy or salad.Chickpeas has a lots of advantages but the main is that it helps lower cholesterol and improves the blood sugar levels. For diabetic patient it is a great food. If it is combined with rice then it provides fat-free high quality proteins.
- 4 cups boiled rice(not fully done)
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas
- 1 cup tomatoes cut into cubes
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 1 cup fried onion
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp garlic ginger paste
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry garlic ginger paste, when it changes the color then add bay leaves and cumin seeds.
- Now add chickpeas and cook it for 1-2 minutes as chickpeas are already boiled and done.
- Add little water and salt, add tomatoes and rice in chickpeas mixture.
- In the end add coriander and fried onions and cover the pan and cook it on low heat for 5- 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.