Ingredients Of Chili Garlic Tomato Ketchup
- 2kg tomatoes (unpeeled)
- 300g onions or apple or potato, chopped
- ½ cup garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon whole star anise , crushed (badiyaan)
- 1/2 teaspoon whole mace
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tablespoon Ajwain
- 1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (whole)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 tbsp Crushed chili
- 4 teaspoon salt
Method Of Chile Garlic Tomato Ketchup
- Wash ,2kg tomatoes (unpeeled), apple or potato or onions, and garlic cover with water and boil gently until the vegetables are soft. This shortens the boiling time required to reach the correct consistency of the sauce later on.
- Purée ketchup in batches in blender until smooth and Pass through a sieve.
- Tie in a bag , Bay leaves, Ajwain, mustard seed, pepper and cinnamon, and add with puree in cooking pan. Bring to boil slowly and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add vinegar, sugar, and chili and let it thicken. . Discard the spices. Add salt to mixture; simmer till of desired consistency required, Pour the ketchup in bottles and cork tightly, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Tomatoes should be ripe and red.
- Green chlorophyll turns brown on heating, so remove any green bits of tomatoes, before cooking..
- Use white vinegar only.
- To make it more thick, you can add a little corn starch dissolved in cold water at the end of cooking.