Chocolate is my weakness and I can eat it in any form. Chocolate cheesecake is just like some of your wish come true. Make this cake and enjoy it with your loved ones on Christmas.
Ingredients Of Chocolate Cheese Cake
- 1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 6 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped small
- 2 1/2 cups cream cheese
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon custard powder
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa, dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water
Method Of Chocolate Cheese Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the base, process the graham crackers to make rough crumbs and then add the butter and cocoa. Process again until it makes damp, clumping crumbs and then tip them into the pan. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan to make an even base and put into the freezer while you make the filling.
- Put a kettle on to boil.
- Melt the chocolate either in a microwave or double boiler, and set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the cream cheese to soften it, then add the sugar and custard powder, beating again to combine. Beat in the whole eggs and then the yolks, and the sour cream. Finally, add the cocoa dissolved in hot water and melted chocolate and mix to a smooth batter.
- Take the springform tin out of the freezer and line the outside of the tin with a good layer of cling wrap, and then another layer of strong foil over that. This will protect it from the water bath.
- Set the springform tin in a roasting pan and pour in the cheesecake filling. Fill the roasting pan with just boiled water to come about halfway up the cake tin and bake in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. The top of the cheesecake should be set, but the underneath should still have a wobble to it.
- Peel away the foil and cling film wrapping and sit the cheesecake in its tin on a rack to cool. Put in the refrigerator once it is no longer hot, and leave to set, covered with plastic overnight. Let it lose its chill before unspringing the cheesecake to serve.
To make the chocolate sauce: very gently melt the chopped chocolate, cream, and syrup. When the chocolate has nearly melted, take off the heat and whisk it to a smooth sauce. Let it cool a little, and pour it over the chocolate cheesecake on its serving plate.