This dish is ideal for the barbecue, use boned chicken thighs rather than breasts as they are more succulent and wont dry out so much.
Ingredients Of Coriander And Lime Chicken With Avocado
- 8 boned chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon juice and grated rind
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp. clear honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 large avocados
- 3 tbsp. fresh coriander, chopped
- Fresh coriander sprigs and lime wedges for garnishing
Method Of Coriander And Lime Chicken With Avocado
- Place chicken Thighs in a large shallow dish. Mix together oil, lime rind, half the lime juice, cumin, garlic, honey, salt and pepper and brush over chicken. Cover and marinate for at least an hour, turning several times.
- Cook chicken on the barbecue or under the grill, turning regularly, for about 12-15 minutes until tender and cooked through. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Halve, stone and peel avocados and slice the flesh. Mix with remaining lime juice and coriander and tomato and pile on top of chicken. Serve immediately.