I love the creamy and velvety texture of cream of chicken soup. My winters are incomplete without this soup. I mostly serve this soup with homemade garlic bread. Here is a recipe link for garlic bread
Ingredients Of Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups boiled and diced chicken
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Some parsley sprigs
- Some fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 bay leaf
Method Of Cream Of Chicken Soup
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Sauté onion till its soft. Add the flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 2 minutes more.
- Pour in the broth and bring to a boil while whisking constantly. Tie the parsley sprigs, thyme, and bay leaf together with a piece of kitchen twine and add to the soup. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk the heavy cream and salt into the soup and season with pepper to taste.
- Remove and discard the herb bundle. Divide among soup bowls, sprinkle the top of each soup with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.