This karahi is like the one you get from bundu khan. I used chicken with bones in it but I will recommend to make it with boneless chicken for more tasty result. This creamy and velvety gravy will melt in your mouth. Serve creamy chicken karahi with hot naans.
Ingredients Of Chicken Karahi
- 1 kg chicken small pieces or boneless
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. corn flour
- 1 tbsp. ginger and garlic paste
- 1 cup oil
- 4 large onions
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tomatoes paste
- Red chili powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. all spices powder
- 2 tsp. (kolengi)
- 1 packet cream
- 4 chopped green chilies
- Green coriander for garnishing
Method Of Creamy Chicken Karahi
- Marinate chicken with lemon juice, ginger garlic paste and corn flour and set aside for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onions till they are golden brown. Take them out and make its paste in a blender with little water.
- Now fry the chicken in the same oil till it changes it color. Now add yogurt, tomato paste, salt, red chilies, turmeric powder and all spices powder.
- Mix it well and add onion paste also. Now add little water and cook on low flame till the chicken is tender and done.
- When chicken becomes soft then add fenugreek seeds, green chilies and cream. Mix it well.
- Serve hot and garnish with green coriander.