A canapés is a small and decorative piece of food , which you can eat in one bite. If you want to serve them with tea then you can take crackers or pan cakes as base and you can do the topping of your choice like cheese or butter. In the following recipe i used cucumber as base, as i want to serve them with dinner. It looks great on table and attract the guests. You can change the toppings according to your taste.
- 2 medium potatoes,peeled,cooked and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts,chopped
- 1 tbsp onion,finely chopped
- 1 tbsp green coriander,chopped
- 1 green chili,chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp black salt(optional)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 small tomato,chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 12 slices cucumber, 1 cm thick
- Mint leaves for garnishing
- In a bowl mix potatoes,tomatoes, bean sprouts, onion, coriander and chili.
- In other bowl, place all the dry spices and lemon juice and mix them well. Add this mixture to vegetables and toss well.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Place cucumber slices on a platter, top each with a spoonful of potato mixture and garnish with mint leaves.
- Serve as a salad.