Ingredients Of Dhaka Delight
- 1 liter milk
- 1 pinch citric acid (tatrey)
- 2 tbsp semolina
- 1 cup coconut powder
- 250 gm sugar
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tbsp screw pine (kewra)
- Green and red food color few drops
- Oil for frying
- 1 meter muslin cloth (malmal ka kapra)
- Grated coconut for garnishing
Method Of Dhaka Delight
- Heat milk, add citric acid in it to curdle it. Put the curdled milk in a muslin cloth and let it hand so that excess water drains away.
- When all the water has drained, place the milk blob on a cutting board. Add semolina, milk powder and screw pine to it and mix well with hands.
- Separate this mixture into two parts. Add red food color in one part and green in the other. Mix each part separately, till the colors get evenly distributed.
- Heat oil in a wok, make small rounds from both the mixtures and fry them till they turn golden.
- Make sugar syrup. Immerse these rounds in the syrup for 2 minutes.
- Take them out and roll them in a grated coconut. Keep them in a serving dish and serve.