I made this cake three years back on my daughter’s birthday. This was my first gravity cake. The recipe for the base cake is which I mostly use in many cakes and it is no fail recipe. It gives you soft moist and yummy cake every time. I used m& m on my cake. You can use any thing you like. Here is a recipe for easy gravity cake. You can easily surprise your kids with this cake on their birthday. The basic method is to insert a straw in the cake but I inserted wooden stick and covered it with fondant and then I stuck candies to fondant.
Ingredients Of Easy Gravity Cake
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup curd (yogurt without water)
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 2 eggs
- 100 gm cream
- 200gm cooking chocolate
Method Of Easy Gravity Cake
- Beat all wet ingredients together. Add dry ingredients in them and beat again.
- Grease two pans and pour batter equally in them. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes or till your cake is baked fully.
- Cool down your both cakes fully. For ganache In a heavy saucepan, boil cream. Turn off the heat. Add chopped chocolate pieces and let it rest until melted. Use a rubber spatula to stir the mixture until all the pieces are melted.
- Now when ganache is cool down whip it whit electric beater till it becomes stiff and creamy.
- Once the cake is fully cooled, spread a layer of ganache filling on top of the one of the sponges and sandwich the cakes together. now cover a cake with frosting from all sides and top.
- Take a wooden skewer and push it down into the middle of your cake. Push a plastic bendy straw over the top of the skewer and into the cake to secure.
Melt some milk chocolate. Brush a little onto a m & m then gently press the M& M onto the base of the straw.
- Work your way around the straw and upwards until you reach the bend in the straw. You may need to do this in stages to allow the chocolate to set.
- Sprinkle another large handful of M & M over the top of the cake, then carefully stick individual M & M over the side of cake to create the effect that they are cascading down the front and onto the cake stand.
- Angle the top of the straw. Put an empty sweet bag over the bent part of the straw and secure with sticky tape.