The banana leaves are not only enrobe the food but they impart a subtle flavor, aroma and color as well.The exposure to heat seems to release the leaf’s natural oils and fragrance and even flavor enhancing capabilities.
Ingredients Of Fish In Banana Leaves
- 1/2 kg fish fillets
- Salt to taste
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 bunch fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves
- 4 green chilies
- 6 tbsp crushed coconut
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Banana leaves as required
- Oil for frying
Method Of Fish In Banana Leaves
- Wash banana leaves and cut them in squares. Cut the fish into 4 inch broad square pieces.
- Wash fish properly and marinate it with salt and lemon juice. Set it aside.
- Roast cumin and coriander seeds in a pan. Add green coriander, mint, green chilies, garlic,crushed coconut, salt, sugar and 1 tbsp lemon juice in it. Grind it in a grinder and make a paste.
- On the back side of banana leaf, apply this paste and put fish fillet in it and fold the leave and make a packet. Tie it with thread. Make the parcels of all fish like this method.
- Heat the oil in a wok and deep fry these packets for 5-7 minutes. You can also bake them in preheated oven at 200 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Untie the banana leaves and serve the fish hot on that leaves.