Taken from the eat right diet by Dr. Peter D’ Adamo
Your blood type is the key that unlocks the door to the mysteries of health, disease, longevity, physical vitality and emotional strength. Your blood type determines your susceptibility to illness, which foods you should eat and how you should exercise. It is a factor in your energy levels and even your personality.
By learning the principles of blood type analysis you can tailor the optimal diet for yourself and your family members. You can pinpoint the foods that make you sick, contribute to weight gain and lead to chronic disease.
Your blood type O, A, B or AB is a powerful genetic fingerprint that identifies you as surely as your DNA. The key to the significance of the blood type can be found in human evolution:
- Type O is the oldest
- Type A evolved with the agrarian society
- Type B emerged as humans moved north into colder, harsher territories
- Type AB is a modern adaption, a result of intermingling of disparate groups
How It Affects You
A chemical reaction occurs between your blood and the food you eat. The blood type plan lets you zero in on the health and nutritional information that correspond to your exact biological profile so you can:
- Avoid many common viruses and infections
- Lose weight as your body rids itself of toxins and fats
- Fight back against life threatening diseases, such as cancer, diabetes and liver failure
- Avoid many factors that cause rapid cell deterioration, thus slowing down the ageing process
Blood Type AB: The Enigma
- Modern merging of A and B
- Chameleon’s response to changing environmental and dietary conditions
- Sensitive digestive tract
- Overly tolerant immune system
- An evolutionary mystery
Blood type AB is less than, 1000 years old, rare(2-5% of the world’s population) and biologically complex. The type AB diet requires careful reading of food lists and familiarization with both the type A and type B diets. Most foods not recommended for either type A or type B are probably bad for type AB, although there are some exceptions. Type ABs are often stronger and more active than more sedentary type As.
Weight Loss Factor
Type ABs have type A’s low stomach acid, along with type B’s adaptation to meats. Although they are genetically programmed for the consumption of meats, they lack enough stomach acid to metabolize them efficiently and meat gets stored as fat. For weight loss, meats should be restricted to eating small amounts that are supplemented with vegetables and tofu. Type B propensities cause the same insulin reaction when dried kidney or lima beans, corn, buckwheat or sesame seeds are eaten, although the type A side makes an AB friendly to lentils and peanuts.
Type ABs lack the severe reaction of type Os and type Bs to wheat gluten. But for weight loss purposes they should avoid wheat, which tends to make muscle tissues more acidic. Type ABs utilize calories most efficiently when the tissue is somewhat alkaline.