Cooking carrots actually raises the nutritional benefits. The fiber in carrots can trap the beta carotene, making it difficult for your body to extract. By cooking them slightly, you free the beta-carotene, from the fiber, which allows your body to absorb it better. Eating only a half-cup serving per day will give you more than the recommended dosage of beta-carotene. Also when you buy carrots raw at the store, you must cut off the leafy tops before storing, or they will suck out all the vitamins.
Ingredients Of Gajar Ka Halwa
- 500 gm. carrots, shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup khoya
- Few drops kevra
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom powder
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 6 tbsp. clarified butter (ghee)
Method Of Gajar Ka Halwa
- Take a microwave proof mixing bowl and put 1 cup milk and 4 tbsp. of sugar and mix it well.
- Now add 500 grams shredded carrot, 1/2 tsp. of cardamom powder and 6 tbsp. clarified butter and mix it well.
- Then put bowl in Microwave and bake it on 100% for 10 minutes.
- Now take out bowl and stir and put it back for 5 minutes. In the end kewra and mix. Dish it out and garnish it with khoya and nuts.