I have already posted the recipe of gulab jaman (by chef Zakir). That gulab jamans were made from khoya, and in the following recipe i used dry milk powder instead of khoya. Taste is little bit different but its also good and tasty. Its traditional Asian recipe and if you like desserts and sweets then you will fall in love them.
- 1 cup dry milk powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- Almonds and pistachios, chopped for garnishing(optional)
- Oil for deep frying
- Add flour,oil, baking powder and egg in milk powder. Mix it well and knead it and make a dough.
- Make small balls. Heat oil in a pan, oil should not be too hot.
- Deep fry balls on medium heat. Stir pan continually for uniform color.
- Take out when it turns brown.
- Combine 1 cup sugar in 1 1/2 cup water, boil it till it thickens a little.
- Add cardamom powder. Dip hot gulab jamans in hot syrup for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with almonds and pistachios.
- Serve hot or cold. Enjoy:)