For Hair Fall
- Take 1 bottle of almond oil and heat it up. Add 2 to 3 tbsp. fenugreek seeds to it and store it. Before using, heat this oil again. Take some of the oil as much you want to apply to your hair ( a quarter cup will be enough) and mix 2-3 drops of apple-cider vinegar, 1 crushed clove of garlic, 1-inch piece of ginger (crushed) and a pinch of black pepper into the oil. Massage it well on your scalp, leave it overnight and wash your hair in the morning with a mild shampoo, preferably a baby shampoo.
- Avoid hair style accessories like blow dryers, gels, sprays and harsh colors.
- Manage stress with relaxation techniques like Yoga and Meditation.
- Eat healthy nourishing food.
- Heat up arnica oil, add a few drops of apple-cider vinegar and apply and massage well on your scalp and hair. Leave it overnight and wash it in the morning with an anti-dandruff shampoo containing zinc pyrithione.
- Apply yogurt and egg mixture onto your hair and scalp. Leave it for at least half an hour and wash it with an anti-dandruff shampoo.
For Split Ends
- Do not expose your hair to anything that results in dryness, like bleach, color, dye, perming lotion, hair spray and hair dryer. Also, regularly clean the hair.
Twice a week massage your hair for at least 10-15 minutes using warm coconut, olive or mustard oil. After this, steam your hair for 5-7 minutes. For this, dip a towel in hot water, squeeze out the water and wrap around your head. This will ensure that the oil penetrates your hair and blood circulation in the roots improves, due to which the oil glands will secrete optimum levels of “sebum” or natural oils. Apart from this, wash your hair with amla (gooseberries) & shikakai. This will cure the dryness in the hair to a large extent. You may get an “ozone treatment” for your hair from a good beauty parlor.
As far as possible, do not go out with your hair open when a strong breeze is blowing. At least, tie a scarf when you have to. Use an umbrella while going out in the sun.
Do not rub towel vigorously or comb the hair immediately after washing, as these may also increase the problem of split ends.
Hair packs for split ends
Massage the root of the hair with a mixture of the yellow part of one egg, 2 tbsp. lemon juice and 1 tbsp. mustard or olive oil. Wash off after one hour. This will make the hair soft and lustrous.
Mix 1 ½ tsp. mustard oil, 1 ½ cup tea extract, 1 egg yellow and juice of lemon in henna (mehendi) powder. Wash off after one hour.
A nutritious diet is also a requirement for split ends. Use quite enough of the sources of vitamins A, B, and D, proteins and calcium in your diet. Milk, curd, cheese, grains, Soya beans, fruits, green-salads and green leafy vegetables are excellent sources of these. Non-vegetarians can include meat, fish, and eggs. Drink a lot of water.
Take a walk barefooted in the morning and evening. Take mild exercise as well.
Get split hair trimmed at regular intervals.
Brush your hair before going to bed. This will activate the oil-glands to produce oil.