Regular consumption of fish can reduce the risk of various diseases and disorders. Selected research findings include:
Asthma – children who eat fish may be less likely to develop asthma.
Brain and eyes – fish rich in omega 3 fatty acids can contribute to the health of brain tissue and the retina (the back of the eye).
- 1/2 kg fish fillets
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp garlic ginger paste
- 1 tbsp ground red chili
- 2 tsp mango powder
- Lemon juice to taste
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 4 curry leaves
- 4 onions, sliced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 green onion
- 1 tsp roasted coriander powder
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- Salt to taste
- 4 red chilies,chopped
- Some spinach leaves, chopped
- Oil as required
- Make a paste of cumin, coriander seeds, ginger garlic paste, ground red chilies. mango powder, turmeric and chopped red chilies and lemon juice.
- Spread the paste on the fish and set aside.
- Mix corn flour in a little water. Dip fish in this mixture and deep fry.
- Fry the spinach separately and set aside.
- Fry half onion until golden brown and set aside.
- In a pan fry the other half of the onions, add curry leaves, turmeric, roasted coriander powder, cumin powder, chopped red chilies and half the yoghurt. When cooked, add salt and the remaining yoghurt.
- Now add the fried fish to this mixture and continue to cook slightly.
- Sprinkle the fried onions. Serve in a bowl decorated with the fried spinach.