Renowned for its therapeutic properties for over 4,500 years, green tea is rich in antioxidants and has been consumed for ages for its health benefits. The antioxidants in green tea are compounds known as catechins. Antioxidants are substances that may help to protect cells from damage caused by unstable molecule known as “ free radicals” and thus may help you maintain the health of your cells. These free radicals are generated in the body as a result of chemical reactions during normal metabolic processes as well as in response to excess pollution, UV sunlight and exposure to cigarette smoke.
It is important to know that black tea, even though it comes from the same plant as a green tea, will not give you the same benefits. Black tea during fermentation process loses most of its medical benefits. So green tea brings you combined benefits of purifying effects of water and the goodness of antioxidants.
- Tea is the second most hydrating fluid after water and is as thirst quenching as water, when consumed without sugar or milk and yet more pleasurable.
- Green tea, when served without milk or sugar, contains no calories. This means that it is an excellent accompaniment to a healthy balanced diet and lifestyle, and to a weight management programme.
- It is used for treatment and prevention of cancer.Drinking green tea inhibits the growth of certain cancer cells, reduces the level of cholesterol in blood, improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.
- New evidence is emerging that green tea can even help dieters. In November, 1999, the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition published the results of a study at the University of Geneva in Switzerland. Researchers found that men who were given a combination of caffeine and green tea extract burned more calories than those given only caffeine.
- Green tea is an excellent source of fluoride, which is important to maintain healthy teeth.
- There is evidence to show that green tea when taken without milk and sugar has a protective effect on heart health.
So guys life today is very hectic, that’s why you need something natural that will help you enjoy your life in the healthiest way possible, so sip a cup of clear green tea and relax.