Today i am sharing a recipe of famous chef shireen Anwar. I didnt try this yet but will try soon. Here is a recipe for herbed chicken and cheese tart made by Shireen apa.
Ingredients Of Herbed Chicken And Cheese Tart
For Short Crust Pastry
- 8 ounces flour
- 5 ounces chilled butter
- 1 egg yolk
- Chilled water as required
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 boneless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp. dry mix herbs
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. oil
For White Sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
Method Of Herbed Chicken And Cheese Tart
- Sieve 8-ounce flour, add ¼ tsp. salt, rub in 2 tbsp. butter with your finger tip, add 1 egg yolk, mix slightly, knead with chilled water as required until the dough comes together, chill dough for 30 minutes before rolling.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Roll out the pastry into a round on a lightly floured surface and line a 9-inch tart dish with it, prick all over with a fork and bake blind for 30 minutes in preheated oven.
- For white sauce mix all ingredients and cook till it thickens.
- Heat 3 tbsp. oil, add 1 chopped onion, fry till light golden.
- Add 1 tsp. garlic paste, with 3 thinly sliced chicken breast, cooks for 5 minutes, add 1tsp salt, 1 tsp. black pepper, 1 tsp. mixed herbs, fry well, add in the white sauce and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into a baked pastry shells, level the top and sprinkle with 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, bake for 15 minutes until cheese melts and tart light golden. Slightly cool, cut into wedges and serve.