Mostly all of us buy frozen French fries for kids because it can be used easily whenever we need it and they are very crispy as compared to fries which we make at home but they are little expensive. Now with the help of this method, you can freeze the homemade frozen french fries and can use them when ever you want.
Ingredients Of Frozen French Fries
- 400 gm baking potatoes, cut into strips
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
Method Of Homemade Frozen French Fries
- Cut the potatoes into strips about 1/3 to 1/2-inch thickness and width.
- Soak potatoes in ice cold water for 1 hour at room temperature. Drain well; pat dry with paper towels.
- To blanch potatoes in salted water for about 10-12 minutes. After removing your fries from the blanching, put them in a container and freeze them.
- When you’re ready to serve your fries, heat cooking oil to a temperature of 365 degrees Fahrenheit. Slowly add the potatoes to the pan and fry them on both sides until golden brown in color. Immediately remove from the oil when golden brown and place them on an absorbent towel to drain any excess oil.
- Always serve your freshly made fries within ten minutes for best taste.
Tip: Always cook your French fries in fresh oil. Using oil that was used for other foods can alter the taste of your fries.
To reduce the greasiness of your French fries, put them on napkins or parchment paper before serving to absorb excess oil.