I made this homemade subway sandwich in dinner and believe me it is just like the original subway. You can add anything in it like chicken, turkey, fish, any vegetables, and sauces. The best taste comes with the good quality of bread. I bought oregano bread loaf from Rahat Bakers. You can also bake bread at home.
I really enjoyed making this as it hardly took ten minutes to make it. It tastes great with a crunchy iceberg and juicy chicken. Now I really want to make this again. This is best meal for kids to fill their lunch boxes.
Ingredients Of Homemade Subway Sandwich
- Bread (any kind you like, oregano, garlic, bran baguette)
- 4 slices of cheese, cut into triangles
- Chicken chunks (I used tandoori chicken)
- 1 tomato cut in round circles
- 1 onion cut into round slices
- 1 cucumber cut in round circles
- 1 iceberg
- Olives/ Jalapenos or pickles
- Mayonnaise as required
- Mustard as required
- Barbeque Sauce as required
Method Of Homemade Subway Sandwich
- I Cooked boneless chicken in tandoori masala till it is tender and all water dries up.
- Place the bread on a cutting board and slice it in half lengthwise.
- Once you have opened up your bread, flatten it down so that it stays open.
- Place the slices of meat on one side of the bread. The amount of meat you put on is your preference.
- Put the cheese slices on top of the layer of meat.
- At this point, if you prefer your sandwich toasted, you can pop this is the oven for 2 minutes.
- Place the vegetables on the other half of the bread.
- Top with pickles or olives, if using.
- Finish your sandwich with a heaping tablespoon of sauces. Again, the amount of sauce you put on your sandwich depends on your personal preference.
- Bring the sandwich together and cut it in half and serve.