This dish is from India Hyderabad, which is famous for its aromatic and mouth watering dishes. Hyderabadi Biryani is also known as kachay gosht ki biryani but that we make with different recipe. This biryani is not much spicy but you can adjust spices according to your taste.
Ingredients Of Hyderabadi Biryani
- Chicken 1kg 12 pieces
- Rice ½ kg, washed and soaked for half an hour
- Salt to taste
- Onion 2 large chopped
- Ginger garlic 2 tbsp.
- Tomatoes 4 chopped
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Chili powder 2 tsp.
- Allspice 1 ½ tsp.
- Cumin crushed 1 tsp.
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 cup oil
- Brown onion 1 cup
- Mint leaves ½ cup
- 3-4 green chilies
Method Of Hyderabadi Biryani
- Heat oil and add chopped onion, stir fry till brown, add ginger garlic paste with chopped tomatoes and fry well.
- Add yogurt with salt, chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, all spices powder and chicken, fry well for 10 minutes add 1 cup water and yogurt cover and cook till chicken tender and thick gravy left.
- Heat water in a pot and boil rice with some salt till they are 3/4 cooked. Drain the water.
- Method for assembling biryani
In a large pan spread half rice, chicken, fried onion, mint, top with remaining rice. green chilies and fried onion cover and leave it for dum for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with yogurt dip and salad.