Keto is not just a diet, it’s a healthy style of living. I have joined so many keto groups and I have seen miracles. Not only people lose their weight but they improve their health problems too, like high blood sugar and blood pressure. Keto is all about eating healthy, organic and pure food. With keto diet, your body converts fat, instead of sugar into energy.
Today I am sharing keto friendly low carb recipe of keto eggplant lasagna and this actually tasted so good. 1 cup eggplant has 4.8 carbs. You can have this with some chicken and cheese on top. I served this dish with some iceberg and lettuce leaves. You can add any topping on it like olives, mushrooms etc. I also added some broccoli.I used chicken in this but you can use cooked mince.
Ingredients Of Keto Eggplant Lasagna
- 1 medium size eggplant, cut thin rounds
- 1/2 cup boiled and shredded chicken
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3tbsp tomato paste (I made this at home)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
Method Of Keto Eggplant Lasagna
- Preheat oven and grease your dish with some butter.
- Slice your eggplant and Liberally coat with salt (but don’t overdo it!) and let sit for 15 minutes or so; this will remove excess water from eggplant which will prevent the lasagna from being soggy and watery. With a paper towel, remove beaded water on eggplant to remove excess moisture. Eggplant will change its color to little brown. That’s ok.
- Now take your greased dish and put the first layer of eggplants. Then add some tomato paste and boiled chicken. Again add one layer of eggplants top it with some chicken, tomato paste, and cheese.
- Bake it for 15-20 minutes or until eggplant is soft and cheese melts. This dish makes one serving.