Dates are rich in fibers and one can easily digest them. Researchers showed that dates can also be helpful in curing certain abdominal diseases including abdominal cancer.Some other advantages of eating dates include treating constipation, prevention against night blindness and improving health of eyes, and a solution for alcoholic intoxication.
Ingredients Of date Halwa
- 1/2 kg dates, washed and deseeded
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 250 gm khoya
- 1/2 cup semolina (sooji)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 50 gm almonds, chopped
- 50 gm pistachio, chopped
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp kewra
Cooking Method Of Date Halwa
- Put dates in chopper and chop it for 1-2 minutes till it form a roughly paste.
- Heat ghee in a wok and add chopped dates in it. Cook it on low heat.
- In other pan take 3tbsp ghee and add semolina in it. Cook on low heat till it changes it color into light golden. Stir continually otherwise it will burn.
- Now add cooked semolina in dates. Add kewra, sugar and honey. Mix it all well. Stir continually.
- When all things are well combined then add 1/2 cup of water. When water dries out then add chopped almonds and pistachios.
- Add khoya and 1/2 cup of water and cook till halwa leaves the oil.
- Serve hot or cold. Garnish it with chopped nuts.
Tip: For good results always make halwas on low medium heat and stir it continually.