It’s a Persian dish and its very common in Iran. You can also make it with meatballs instead of chicken.
Ingredients Of Khoresh-e-Fesenjan
- 1 kg chicken pieces
- 1/2 packet nihari masala
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 400 gm. walnuts
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup green coriander leaves, chopped
- 6 green chilies
- Fried potatoes for garnishing
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
Method Of Khoresh-e-Fesenjan
- Grind walnuts in a blender.
- Heat oil in a pan, add sliced onion and fry till it turns golden.
- Add chicken, sugar and nihari masala. Fry and then add tomato paste.
- Add walnuts, lemon juice and water. Cook till oil appears on the surface.
- When gravy gets thick, take it out in dish.
- Garnish with green coriander leaves, sliced green chilies and fried potatoes.
- Serve hot with boiled rice.