I tried this dessert yesterday and we all loved it. Khubani ka meetha is a Hyderabadi dessert made with dried apricots and layered with vanilla custard. I took seedless dried apricots from the market. You have to soak apricots in water for 6 to 7 hours.
Ingredients Of Khubani Ka Meetha
- 250 gms dried apricots
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1 liter milk
- vanilla custard 3tbsp
- Sugar according to taste for custard
- 1/2 cup cream
- Almonds for garnishing
Method Of Khubani Ka Meetha
- In a wok, add the soaked apricots and also the soaking water.
- Cook the apricots on low flame until they are soft and mushy. Grind them in the grinder till it forms a paste.
- Add sugar and cook until sugar is dissolved fully. Keep stirring in between.
- In a pan add milk, sugar mix and wait for a boil on medium flame. then mix custard with little milk and add to the milk keep mixing and cook till gets little thick on medium to high flame (not too thick). Let it cool down.
- Take a serving dish and add the layer of khobani paste then custard and on top add some more apricot paste.
- Garnish it with cream and almonds