Ingredients Of Kofta Curry
- 250 gm minced beef
- 1 small piece ginger, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp roasted and ground Bengal gram ( kalay Channay)
- 5 green chilies, crushed
- 1 onion, crushed
- 250 gm yogurt
- 4 onions, sliced
- 5 green chilies
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 3 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
Method Of Kofta Curry
- Clean poppy seeds and soak them. Drain the water after an hour and keep them aside.
- Put finely minced beef, ginger, garlic, onions and green chilies in a bowl. Add poppy seeds, salt, red chili powder and ground gram lentils. Mix all these ingredients with hands.
- Heat oil in a pan. Make koftas from the mince mixture and fry them in a pan.
- Heat oil in a pot and fry sliced onions till they are golden brown.
- Puree onions and yogurt in a blender. Fry ginger and garlic in the same pot, till it turns golden. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder red chilies and yogurt mixture and cook.
- Add salt and keep on low flame to cook. When the mixture starts to get thick, add prepared koftas and without stirring, leave to cook.
- Take it off the flame when oil appears on the surface.
- Garnish with green coriander leaves before serving.