I first ate this lab-e-Shireen dessert at some wedding in Karachi. It is a layered dessert with custard, mixed fruit, cream, jelly, and colored vermicelli. I love its creamy and fruity texture. Take any flavor of jelly you like and also I prefer mixed fruit tin as compared to seasonal fruits. Here are some other yummy desserts recipes http://www.neelscorner.com/category/food/recipes/desserts/
Ingredients Of Lab-e-Shireen
- 1-liter milk
- Sugar to taste
- Vanilla custard powder 3 tbsp.
- Milk ¼ Cup
- Colored vermicelli 50 gm. (boiled as per packet instructions)
- Kishmish (Raisins) 2 tbsp.
- Almonds 2 tbsp.
- Pistachio 2 tbsp.
- Fruit cocktail or seasonal fresh fruits 1 Cup
- Cream chilled 200 ml
- Red jelly -Yellow jelly
Method Of Lab-e-Shireen
- In a pot, add milk and bring it to boil. Add sugar, mix well and cook until sugar is dissolved. In vanilla custard powder, add milk and mix well. Gradually add dissolve custard, stir continuously until smooth and cook until desired consistency.
- Add boiled colored vermicelli, mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Add raisins and mix well. -Add almonds, pistachios and mix well. -Let it cool down
- Let the custard cool down fully. Add cream in custard and mix it well.
- Add fruit cocktail or seasonal fresh fruits and mix well. Cut jellies in the desired shape. -In a serving dish, add red and yellow jelly, lab e Shireen and garnish with red jelly, yellow jelly, dry nuts, cream & serve.
- Serve chilled. You can also add nuts in it like chopped almonds, pistachios, dates, raisins, etc.