Last week Chef Zakir cooked this Malai Kebab Curry and i liked it because chicken was not used in this recipe. I always wanted something fancy for my guests but without chicken as there are lots of chicken dishes you can make on your parties, and finally i got this. The method is little lengthy but i bet that everyone will like this dish and they will ask for recipe. Its a unique and very different dish.
- 2 large potatoes,boiled
- 1 packet cottage cheese
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup boiled peas
- 4 green chilies.finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch coriander,chopped
- 2 tomatoes,finely chopped
- 2 slices of bread,remove edges
- 1 onion,sliced
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp garlic ginger paste
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg,beaten
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Whole spices as required
Method For Kebabs
- Mash potatoes and add chopped onion,cottage cheese,peas,bread slices,egg,salt and black pepper. Mix it all well till all things bind together.
- Now make the shape of kebabs, you can make any shape,long,flat or oval.
- Sprinkle corn flour over kebabs and deep fry them. Don’t fry more then 1-2 minutes.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil, fry 1 sliced onion it in on medium heat. When it turns into brown color then add garlic and ginger paste and whole spices.
- Now add tomatoes and green chilies. Dip poppy seeds in little water for 1 hour and then mash them with the back of spoon. Add mashed poppy seeds in the tomatoes and cook till it becomes a paste.
- Add salt, milk and cream. Cover it and let it cook for 5-10 minutes. Add cumin seeds and kebabs in this gravy.Garnish it with fresh coriander and grated cheese.
- Serve it with boiled rice or chapatti.