Surprise your loved ones with something deliciously different to cater to their sweet tooth. What could be better than milk and almond pudding?
- 100 gm blanched almonds
- 1-liter full-fat milk
- 4 tbsp ground rice
- 100 gm sugar
- 2-3 drops almond essence
- 2 tbsp finely chopped pistachios for garnishing
- Grind the almonds finely in a food processor.
- Bring the milk to boil, use a non-stick pan to prevent burning. Take it off from heat after boiling.
- In a small bowl, mix the ground rice with 4-5 tbsp water to form a paste, make sure that there are no lumps. Add this to milk and cook over low heat, stirring continually with the wooden spoon for about 15 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add the ground almonds and continue to cook over very low heat. Add sugar and continue to cook until its dissolved. Stir in almond essence.
- Let the pudding cool, pour it into the serving bowl. Serve chilled, garnish with chopped pistachios.