To make perfect mozzarella sticks you must have to freeze them for 40 minutes before frying them in hot oil. It tastes great with chili sauce or marinara sauce. You can serve them as a snack or side dish. Always serve hot for great taste.
- 12 pieces mozzarella Sticks or you can cut mozzarella cheese block into sticks of the same size
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- Oil for frying
Method Of Mozzarella Sticks
- Remove mozzarella sticks from packaging and cut each horizontally into half. In a shallow bowl, place flour.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, oregano, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat mozzarella sticks in flour, dip in egg mixture and then roll in breadcrumbs mixture.
- Coat again in flour, dip in egg mixtures, and then roll in breadcrumbs to fully coat.
- Arrange breaded mozzarella sticks in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Freeze for about 30 to 40 minutes or until firm.
- In a deep, thick-bottomed pan over medium heat, heat about 2-inch deep of oil to 350 F.
- Add mozzarella sticks in batches and cook, turning once or twice, for about 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- With a slotted spoon, remove from pan and drain on a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Serve hot with marinara sauce.