Most people eat mutton kaleji on eid after they sacrifice their animal. With this recipe, you can make yummy kaleji in few minutes. Don’t over cook it or it will turn hard. Wash liver before cooking it.
Ingredients Of Mutton Kaleji
- 1/2 kg mutton kaleji/ liver
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. red chili powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 1tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. all spices powder (garam masala)
- 3 ground tomatoes
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3-4 chopped green chilies
- Green coriander for garnishing
Method Of Mutton Kaleji
- Heat oil in a pan. Stir fry ginger and garlic paste for few seconds and then add kaleji/ liver in it.
- When liver changes it color then add tomato paste, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, coriander powder and all spices powder.
- Let it cook for 5-7 minutes. When liver gets soft and water dries up then add lemon juice and green chilies.
- At this stage, kaleji will leave oil. Add chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.