In this recipe, Chef Gulzar cooked the mutton paaya kunna in paaya soup but he didn’t add the paaya in mutton. You can add the paaya in mutton if you like to. The taste of this dish depends on the tenderness of mutton and balance of spices.
Ingredients Of Mutton Paaya Kunna
- 4 paaye
- 300 gm yogurt, beaten
- 1 kg mutton, large pieces from leg
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp garlic and ginger paste
- 2 tbsp roasted flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- 1/3 tsp jaifel
- 1/3 tsp jalwatery
- 4-5 cloves
- 4-5 small cardamoms
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 1 piece ginger, sliced
- 1/3 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
Method Of Mutton Paaya Kunna
- Step 1 is to make the soup of paaye. Heat little oil and fry 1 tbsp garlic ginger paste in it and then add 4 payee and fry it for 5-10 minutes and then add at least 2 jugs water. Cook this soup for 4 hours on low flame. This soup will use in kunna.
- Second step is to grind the following spices in the grinder. These spices includes coriander seeds, cumin, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, jaifel and jalwatery. Set it aside. Don’t take them out from the grinder.
- Third step is to heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and sauté onion in it. Just do it for 1 minute, onions should not change its color. Put this fried onion in the grinder with the ground spices of step 1 and grind it again.
- Fourth step is to add 1tbsp more ghee in a pan and fry the mutton in it. Fry it for 5-10 minutes. Add ground spices and onion paste in it. Now add paaya soup, turmeric, red chili, yogurt, garlic and ginger paste in it. Cover it and cook it on low flame till the mutton is very soft.
- We will not add any water in it. It will cook in soup or stock of paaya. When mutton is soft then add salt in it.
- Dissolve flour in water and add it in kunna. It should not be thick like nehari. Kunna is ready now. Garnish it with ginger.
- Serve it with Roghni Naan.