Nan Khatai Recipe (By Shireen Anwar)
I baked this nan khatai yesterday and it was so tasty and its aroma was so good. Shireen Apa told that first of all you have to melt the ghee and then freeze it and then use it for this recipe. I didn’t use almonds and pistachios but I recommend all of you to use it.
Ingredients Of Naan Khatai
- 7tbsp ghee
- 12 tbsp. caster sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cardamom powder
- 3 cups flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp. chopped almonds
- 2 tbsp. chopped pistachios
Method Of Nan Khatai
- Preheat oven at 180 c.
- Sieve 3 cups flour and 1/2 tsp. soda and 2 tsp. baking powder. Set it aside.
- In a separate bowl beat ghee and sugar until light and creamy and add 1 tsp. cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Now fold in flour and knead well with your hands and you can also knead it with the help of kneading machine. The dough should be soft.
- Form dough into small rounds, arrange on a greased baking tray and make a little dent in a center with your thumb. Apply beaten egg yolk in that dent. Put chopped almonds and pistachios in the center.
- Bake in a moderate oven 150 degrees C or No. 3 for15- 20 minutes.