The change in the weather brings with it cold and flu as accompanying baggage. Most people end up suffering due to erratic climatic changes, allergies to dust and pollution as well as a weak immune system. Cold and flu symptoms include a runny nose, watery eyes, itchy throat accompanied by cough and fever resulting in weakness. Although there are no quick fix remedies, certain herbs and spices can help prevent the condition.
Here are few alternative remedies to try out:
To Avoid Catching Cold
To Cure A Cold
- Prepare a mixture consisting of a cup of water mixed with half a teaspoon of salt, gurr and reetha (soap nut) powder. Boil the mixture and then bring it down to half its size. Drink every morning.
- Inhale kalonji (black seeds) smoke twice a day.
- Spiced tea made from a mixture of cinnamon powder or ginger juice.
- Garlic cloves ( a few only) dissolved in water.
- Color remedies include covering a glass of water with blue paper and letting the sunrays filter through. Drink this blue mixture twice a day.
To Relieve Nasal Problems Induced By A Cold
For Runny Nose
Warm milk mixed with half a teaspoon of turmeric powder and black pepper.
For A Blocked Nose
Saffron rubbed inside the nose once a day and drinking hot clear chicken soup twice a day.
To Reduce The Effects Of Allergic Colds
Drink warm orange juice twice a day.