Palmiers are made from puff pastry dough that is folded and rolled and then cut into thin stripes. In this recipe you can also use ready made olive paste, which is easily available in different varieties at super markets. Palmiers can be cooked up to 6 hours in advance and stored in an airtight container.
Ingredients Of Olive And Almond Palmiers
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup milk
Method Of Olive And Almond Palmiers
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees. Line 2 baking trays with non stick baking paper.
- In a food processor, process the olives, almonds, cheese, basil, oil, salt and pepper until they form a paste.
- Spread out one sheet of pastry and cover evenly with half the olive and almond paste. Fold two opposite ends into the center to meet.
- Fold the same way again. Brush pastry with milk. Repeat the process with remaining pastry and filling.
- Cut into 1.5cm thick slices. Shape the slices into a V shape, with the two sides curving out slightly. Place the shapes on baking sheets and bake it for 15-20 minutes or until they are puffed and golden. Serve warm with any sauce of your choice.