This Ramzan I tried this recipe for pinwheel samosa and I loved it for two reasons. First, it is easy to make and second it is different and quick to make. I used potatoes filling in it but you can also add boiled chicken with potatoes for more unique taste.
Ingredients Of Pinwheel Samosa
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (plain flour or maida)
- 2 tablespoons fine sooji (semolina flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Approximately 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 medium potatoes boiled peeled and mashed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon green chili chopped
- 1 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon mango powder (amchur)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, adjust to taste
- 2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour (maida or plain flour)
- 1/4 cup water
Method Of Pinwheel Samosa
- Mix flour, sooji, salt, and oil. Add water as needed to make the soft dough. Don’t knead the dough. Cover the dough with a damp cloth. Let it rest at least 15 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients for filling: potatoes, cumin seeds, coriander, green chili, mango powder, salt, and cilantro.
- Mix the 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour and ¼ cup water to make a thin batter. Set aside.
- Knead the dough for a minute before rolling. Divide dough into two equal parts and make them into patties and roll each one into about 11-inch diameter.
- Spread one part of the filling evenly over one of the rolled dough, slightly pressing.
- Roll the sheet gently, but firmly until you have a nice firm log. Use a little water to seal the end of the sheet firmly, roll the log gently 6-7 times this helps to keep together.
- With a sharp knife slice, both ends about 1 inch long then slice the log into ½ inch thick, this should make about 14 -16 pinwheels. Press each pinwheel lightly.
- Do the same with second sheet, you will have about 30 pinwheels.
- Heat at least one inch of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat
- Fry the pinwheels in small batches. Dip them in the batter one at a time and drop them slowly into the hot oil. Fry the pinwheels until both sides are golden-brown, turning occasionally. Each batch will take three to four minutes to cook. Repeat this process until all the pinwheels are cooked.
- The crisp, delicious pinwheels are now ready to serve.