It’s a Canadian dish. It’s the combination of fries, gravy and cheese curds. You can use mozzarella cheese instead of cheese curds. Gravy can be made by chicken or beef stock. Here is famous Canadian poutine recipe.
Ingredients Of Poutine
- 4 medium potatoes
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 tbsp. corn flour
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 tbsp. flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. You can use cheese curds if its easily available in your area
Cooking Method Of Poutine
- Cut your potatoes in fries shape. Cover them with cold water. Leave it for 1-2 hours.
- Heat oil in a wok. Drain the fries and place them on paper towel to remove excess moisture. Fry fries for 5 minutes and then remove them from oil. they are still white at this stage. Scatter them on plate and then again fry them by increasing temperature. Fry till they are light golden in color. This makes your fries crispy.
- In a pan melt butter. Add flour and stir continually for 2-3 minutes on low flame. When it turns light brown in color then add garlic. Add chicken stock and bring to boil. Continually stir with whisk.
- Dissolve corn flour in water and add in gravy and cook till it thickens. Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Place your fries in a large bowl. Add a ladle of hot poutine gravy to the bowl and using tongs, toss the fries in the gravy. Add more gravy, as needed to mostly coat the fries.
- Add cheese on hot fries and gravy and toss it lightly. Serve immediately.