Tempura is Japanese seafood dish in which prawns or fish is coated with some batter and then deep fried. The result is crispy fish or prawns with very less spices. You can also make chicken tempura with following recipe of prawn tempura.
Ingredients Of Prawn Tempura
- 1 medium onion, cut into rings
- 8 prawns
- 125 ml water
- 1 egg
- 7 pinches salt
- 6tbsp refined flour
- 1 pinch baking powder
- Oil for frying
Method Of Prawn Tempura
- Put egg and water in the freezer till it is almost like slush.
- Whisk egg, salt, and water, till light and very frothy.
- Add refined flour a little at a time, keeping the batter soft. Add baking soda and give a final whisk before dipping onion rings and prawns into it.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the prawns and onion rings a few at a time.
- When they are golden take them out and serve.