Prawns are an extremely good source of protein, yet are very low in fat and calories, making them a very healthy choice of food. Prawns do contain a lot of omega-3 fatty acids, but these fatty acids are good for you and help prevent against heart disease, circulatory diseases and many other types of illnesses.Prawns also contains high levels of vitamin B12, zinc, iodine, phosphorous, potassium, selenium and iron and have smaller quantities of calcium, magnesium and sodium.Many of these vitamins are essential for healthy skin, bones and teeth.
Ingredients Of Prawns Lemon Sandwich
- 1 kg cooked king prawns
- 160 gm.. soft butter, for spreading
- 1 loaf sliced multi grain bread
- 3 thin skinned lemons
Method Of Prawns Lemon Sandwiches
- Peel and devein the prawns, leaving the tails intact.
- Butter the bread slices generously. Wash and dry lemons, cut into very fine slices. Cover half the bread slices with lemon slice. Now arrange cooked prawns and lettuce leaves on it and top with remaining bread, Buttered-side down; press firmly together.
- Cut each sandwiches into 8 triangles, remove crust.
- Tip: Lemon that are not too sharp in flavor are best in this recipe.