Pumpkin, when ripe can be boiled, baked, steamed or roasted.Pumpkins that are still small and green may be eaten in the same way as vegetable zucchini. Pumpkins can also be eaten mashed or incorporated into soup. Also pumpkin can be used to flavor beverages.
Ingredients Of Pumpkin Kebabs
- 500 gm pumpkin
- 200 gm potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 4 green chilies, chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic and ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp dry mango powder
- 1 tbsp chat masala
- 40 gm butter
- salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 50 gm Philadelphia cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 4 tbsp cream
- 1 tsp chat masala
Method Of Pumpkin Kebabs
- Peel and deseed pumpkin, grate it and blanche in boiling salted water. Drain and let it cool.
- In a pan heat butter and sauté ginger and garlic, green chilies, cumin seeds and all the spices for few minutes. add mashed potatoes and pumpkin. Mix it well and remove from heat, cool it down.
- Mix all the ingredients of filling.
- divide the potato mixture into 12 equal patties. Place a portion of filling in the center, close and shallow fry in oil till golden brown from both sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney or ketchup.